Skip to content

Plum Island Point, Newburyport, Newburyport MA 01950
978-462-9802

Newburyport was an important port in the late 1700s, but the entrance to Newburyport’s harbor was dangerous due to the shifting currents at the mouth of the Merrimack River. To aid ships entering the river, two wooden lighthouses (one of which is now known as Newburyport Harbor Light) were erected in 1788.

Scroll To Top